Welcome to Year 4
There are two classes in Year 4: 4SK (Mr Kent's class) and 4RH (Mr Hulls's class) On this page, you will find some information about the learning taking place in Year 4, but also please do check out our Twitter feeds @G_M_P_SYear4 for the most up to date news and to see highlights from our days with your children.
Great Malvern Primary School
Welcome back; for the Spring 2 half term. We have had a great start back to school since the beginning of the new year and we are looking forward to making great progress in our learning again over the coming weeks.
We thought it would be helpful to give you an idea of what your child will be learning in school, plus a few reminders of what you can do at home to help your child succeed. Please find below a summary of the learning Year 4 will be covering this term.
We will be challenging ourselves this term with learning focused on the Vikings and Anglo-Saxons. We will be looking at the physical characteristics of England 1,000 years ago, who lived there and why our country was so important to the Viking invaders at the time. This topic will span the curriculum and will include elements of geography, history, PSHE and DT. If your child does anything at home that supports their learning around this topic, please do make sure they bring it in as it’s always lovely to celebrate children’s enthusiasm for learning!
For regular updates about what happens in our classes, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter which is where we post the most regular updates. Please follow @G_M_P_SYear4
Festivals in Christianity and Hinduism will be the focus for this term.
We are looking forward to an exciting half term, we have lots planned to engage your child in their learning. You can help your child reach their potential by making sure they are on time and in school every day and that they organise themselves and come to school feeling positive and ready to learn.
We thank you for your support with your child’s learning.
Mr Kent and Mr Hulls.
- All of the children have received a username and password for this website and a brief letter of how to access the online games and activities that are on there.
- Teachers have not yet set which activities they want your child to access, so for now we would like them just to explore the games that they wish to try. To do this click on the 'subjects' heading on the side menu.
- Then choose English, maths or science and try games either at the age they are working at or below to build some confidence to begin with.
- Once your child's teacher has set any classwork for them to do on here they will let you know via Twitter and their year group page. This will be by the Easter holidays to enable your child to have time to work through their home learning packs first.
- If you have problems connecting please contact via email to the office which will be forwarded to me so I can sort any issues.
Thanks, Mrs Perry.
Times Table Rock Stars
All children have log in details for Times Tables Rock Stars. We would like them to play on the site as often as possible. They don't have to play for long, little and often sometimes works best. We will be choosing a Rock Star of the week in each class for children who have made the most effort/progress across the week, and will sometimes have "battles" where classes play each other.