‘A person who never made any mistakes never tried anything new.’ Albert Einstein
Children will be introduced to the people, skills, opportunities and technology needed for design & technology to flourish at the school and beyond.
Children will be inspired to be innovative and creative thinkers who have an appreciation for the product design cycle and to communicate this effectively.
Children will develop the confidence to take risks and learn new skills using a wide range of equipment within a safe environment.
Each term, children will focus on units of work that will address food, textiles, structures, and mechanisms in KS1 and food, textiles, structures, mechanical systems, and electrical systems in KS2.
• Design & Technology skills are progressive and builds on children’s previously taught knowledge in a range of forms.
• In the EYFS, children have a safe space to develop their ability to imagine, play, create and design.
• We aim to build an awareness of the impact of design and technology on our lives and the wider world and to encourage pupils to become resourceful, enterprising citizens, who will have the skills to contribute to future design advancements.
• Pupils will design something for, for somebody, for some purpose. We want them to understand that the perseverance and attentiveness in their design products leads to personal pride and gratification.
• We aim to dedicate one half term project to a Design & Technology focus.