Welcome to Year 3!
Hello and welcome to the
Year 3 news page.
Our value this half term is
Welcome back to all Year 3 children. We hope you have had a lovely half-term holiday and are looking forward to an exciting run-up to Easter! This half-term our topic is 'The Romans'.
Our topic is history-based and we will be looking at the Roman invasion of Britain and finding out about the Roman way of life at that time. Some lucky children will be visiting Bath on a residential trip where they will visit the Roman baths and participate in lots of other exciting activities to do with the Romans. Don't worry if you're not going ... we will be investigating modern-day Rome, learning a little Italian and even designing and making our own pizzas. On 17th March we will be having a special Roman day in school when we will dress up Roman-style, try on Roman soldiers' uniforms, play some of the games that Roman children used to play and prepare our own Roman banquet! Watch this space for more news ... and get your thinking caps on for dressing up ideas.
As a school we recognise that homework is a great way for parents and carers to support their child's learning (although we do also value their free time spent with friends or at out-of-school clubs). Therefore we ask that you encourage your children in their homework tasks:
* Your child will receive spellings every Monday for a test the following Monday.
* One piece of homework (either numeracy, literacy or topic work) which will be given out most Fridays to be returned by the following Thursday.
* We also ask that you hear your child read at least 3 times a week and record this briefly in their reading record.
Finally, for school each day your child must have:
* Full school uniform including sensible school shoes
The Year 3 Team
Mrs Brewster, Mrs Hoyle, Mr Charles, Mrs Hunt and Mrs Wallace.
WATCH THIS SPACE for photos and examples of our work.
* In the links section below we regularly add interesting and relevant websites to do with our learning within school. They are very useful sites and will allow your child to further their learning and extend their knowledge at home.
Your child has a 'Global password' Every child in education in Worcestershire has one so that they can access the 'Worcestershire Learning Gateway'. This gateway allows your child to have free access to many programmes including; Education City, jit, J2E, I Am Learning and 2Simple software. Please take advantage of these great resources with your child as they are great learning resources to be enjoyed at school and home.
Have you seen the
Links - please click to open
Can you beat Mrs Brewster's score of 11700?
You wouldn't want to be a Roman gladiator ... would you?
excellent site for children to use independently
How wide awake are you? Play this fun game to test the speed of your reactions. Ambling armadillos and below ... get more sleep!