Welcome to Year 3!
Hello and welcome to Year 3's news page.
Our value this half term is
Welcome back to all Year 3 children. We hope you have had a lovely half-term holiday and are looking forward to an exciting time leading up to Christmas! This half-term our topic is 'Once Upon A Time'.
Our topic is all about stories - traditional tales, fairy tales, funny stories, scary stories and reading books by our favourite authors. We hope that we will become even better writers as we compose our very own stories to read to younger children in the school and to make into our own books.
As a school we recognise that homework is a great way for parents and carers to support their child's learning (although we do also value their free time spent with friends or at out-of-school clubs). Therefore we ask that you encourage your children in their homework tasks:
* Your child will receive spellings every Friday for a test the following Friday.
* One piece of homework (either numeracy, literacy or topic work) which will be given out most Fridays to be returned the following Thursday.
* We also ask that you hear your child read at least 3 times a week and record this briefly in their reading record.
Finally, for school each day your child must have:
* Full school uniform including sensible school shoes
The Year 3 Team
Mrs Brewster, Mrs Lindsey, Mrs Hoyle, Mr Charles, Mrs Hunt and Mrs Wallace.
WATCH THIS SPACE for photos and examples of our work.
* In the links section below we regularly add interesting and relevant websites to do with our learning within school. They are very useful sites and will allow your child to further their learning and extend their knowledge at home.
Your child has a 'Global password' Every child in education in Worcestershire has one so that they can access the 'Worcestershire Learning Gateway'. This gateway allows your child to have free access to many programmes including; Education City, jit, J2E, I Am Learning and 2Simple software. Please take advantage of these great resources with your child as they are great learning resources to be enjoyed at school and home.
For more information please contact Mrs Perry.
Have you seen the